Monday, May 21, 2007

Summer-lah!

Yes, it is Summer and it is hell HOT all around the world, even during Winter. Soon enough, Winter is but a thing of the past. But, that is another story altogether.

I mentioned previously that I'd like to highlight some of the upcoming Summer movies (expectations are slightly overrated but don't mind me) and the ball started rolling (very slowly) in Malaysia with 'Spider-Man 3', which turned out to be quite fun albeit a little bit sappy.


Here is a list of movies that I'd like to really watch.

  1. Knocked Up
    Aside from the sexy siren from Grey's Anatomy, Katherine Heigl, I'd also like to see how this movie will make an unknown actor, Seth Rogen, the next to-look-out-for actor. I like that the story is simple, heart-warming and yes, it is a comedy. These days, I'd enjoy less dramatic, and heavy movies. It must be age.


  2. Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
    Even when I did not enjoyed the 2nd sequel so much, I'd still watch the final installation of POC because I like big budget movies complete with mega endorsements and advertising of the movie; more so if the stars are the eccentric (and sexy) Johnny Depp and yes, Mr. Chow. I can so imagine him playing this Asian dude with long moustaches sword-fighting (I know there is a term for that but I am too lazy to think) with JD. Anyways, I am watching it this Thursday!

  3. Shrek 3
    I'd watch it for Puss in the Boots. Seriously.

  4. Harry Potter: Order of the Phoenix
    Let's not talk about Daniel Radcliffe's "you-know-what" and concentrate on his latest adventure as Harry Potter to fight the evil Voldermort. Ah, I love magic, and little cutesy stuff *wink*

  5. Ocean's 13
    Matt Damon, Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Andy Garcia... I think I don't need to say much, right? Ok, maybe homoerotic.

  6. Transformers
    Fu-yoh! I love transformers even back in Primary School - remember the craze of transformatic robots and all that jazz? And, and Thundercat? Where his sword will grow longer and longer when he says, 'Thunder, thunder, THUNDER CAT!"? So cool! Um... But, I digress. Yes, I owned a couple of Transformers (just a couple cos there were darn expensive back then) & I watched it every evening after school without fail. Now that they have made a movie for the big screen, I am thrill. Definitely one to watch out for. I hope they revived Voltron's character.

  7. Hairspray
    How gay is the title? Very. Imagine John Travolta's in drag. Not thrill? The rainbow color movie poster. Still not? Ok, it's a damn MUSICAL! Ok, I am jumping. I don't know about you.

  8. My Blueberry Nights
    I know it sounds weird, the title. But, this is Wong Kar Wai's first Hollywood movie and it has got a stellar casts (mostly my favorites) that include Jude Law, Natalie Portman, Rachel Weisz and Norah Jones. I kid you not. She is really acting and she is acting in a Wong Kar Wai's film. I'm a great fan of WKW's films and I certainly will not miss this for the world. It has debuted in Cannes recently and the reviews have been pretty good. Imagine New York, gorgeous actors and jazz music. And, helmed by WKW. I kinda feel it already.

  9. The Simpsons Movie / Ratatouille
    It's THE Simpsons movie. Enough said. Ok, Bard bare it all, I heard. LOL. Ratatouille is a Parisian rat. And, he has a sophisticated palate unlike his counterparts. If you have seen the trailer in the theaters, you know how funny (and cute) these movie is. You know, now, how much I like animation or cartoons, some people call it :D

  10. Eagle vs Shark
    A story of two ill-dressed misfits, their blind love, and one man's quest for revenge. The next Napoleon's Dynamite? Hmm...


And then there's your usual sequal, Fantastic Four (hope it is better than the first one), Gigli II ...erm, I mean, J Lo's new movie with her hubby, Marc Anthony, El Cantante, The Bourne Ultimatum.

No comments: