Monday, July 14, 2008

Take a Bow

Today was an interesting day aside from the heavy downpour. But, I think the heavy downpour was akin to a fresh start.

The morning started with a friend who sent us a mass mail saying she has got us souvenirs from Manila and would like to pass it to us sometime soon. Prior to checking my email, I was still in slowly albeit steadily getting into gear to clear up the weekend in tray. It - the email - was a welcoming surprise. Seriously. So, we settled on a location to meet up, Of cos, I can't wait.

Before the dinner meeting tonight, I had the opportunity to speak to a few interesting people at work and one of whom is a "high profile" CEO from a company - well suited in his Zegna and Thomas Pinks. Speaking to such egocentric person can be rather irritating (to say the very least) especially when half of the time he was very much ahem, right. It went on like this ...

i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.ur wrong. i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.ur wrong. i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.i'm right.ur wrong.

Sigh. It was a delirious attempt to wrong the rights. Kinda like two weekends ago when I attempted to take over an uncle at the Siemens marathon in town - of cos, half way trying to playing catch up, I remembered what my mom said to me: It is not who you should compete with but yourself.

Yes, uncle, all dolled up in "Just Do it" gears, was in front of me at the end of the race. And, yes, so was Mr. Right. I sighed (rather silently), and took a slight bow to Mr. Right. I only wished then I could play Rihanna's Take a Bow. You know, kinda like in a movie with soundtrack.

Ohh, how about a round of applause,
Yeah, standin' ovation,
Ooh ohh yeah, yeah yeah yeah yeah.

[Verse 1]
You look so dumb right now,
Standin' outside my house,
Tryin' to apologize,
You’re so ugly when you cry,
Please, just cut it out.


I told my friends and we all had a good laugh. We all agreed that at this point of life, with all the turmoils around the world (and apparently more to come) we should enjoy every bit of what we have now. Screw these people, cheers to vacations!

Now, ladies and gentlemen, good night.

*Take a bow*

1 comment:

Legolas said...

Oh oh oh, I love that Rihanna song. You should say that "please" to them, like this, together with the face expression:

Please, please, please, please, please...