Monday, October 20, 2008

Eternal Non-Sunshine of the Whacked Mind

Quick note
The marathon yesterday was erm, in my own words, slackish. Of the 5 marathons I did this year ( I was wrong before - prev. post), this had got to be the slackiest run I've done. I walked for a good 10 minutes or so. However, IF my timing was accurate (I hadnt a watch with me yesterday), I managed to complete it within 1 hour or 1 hour 10 mins. The organiser did not predict that the total no. of male runners exceed female and had us testorone almost breathless, hearts still palpitating and muscles beginning to sore queue for our ... I don't even remember what it was for. The queue was just a little unprecendented and the record time of our arrival is definitely screwed. But, we had a good breakfast whichr eally was the best part ;)

........................................


Where I work, it is inevitable to see the people who work around you because it is afterall retail. And, where I work, it is also inevitable to see HOW people work and HOW people behave.

This morning, I have finally decided to jot down the list of songs that my "funny" neighbour likes to blast off in the morning after the mall is opened - for a good 10 - 15 minutes, and a good same amount of time (sometime more *eyes rolling*), before the mall closes.

Everyday. Without. Fail.

So, the list of songs that he would always play:

  1. Eternal Flames - variation; could be by The Bangles or some disbanded Boy Band from Europe
  2. I will Survive - the original
  3. Superwoman - again, a variation of either Karen Whites or Gary Chaw 
  4. Nothing Compares 2u - the original by Sinead O' Connor
  5. I feel Good - James Brown
  6. You're Beautiful - James Blunt 
  7. Sappy Chinese songs circa 1980s and 1990s ... sometimes, 1960s; the late Theresa Teng will be proud and my ma will love him, but, gosh, that is entirely a different story.
  8. God knows what else!
If I could analyse the list of songs he plays, see above, I think this person who can be quite friendly across to where I work is ...
  • Sentimental. 
  • Sappy. 
  • Emo ahem, Queen
  • Dramatic
  • Loves Attention (clue: the loud music)
  • Gentle (clue: mostly female singers)
I feel, too, you can sort of make a story out of the songs he constantly plays. He could be emotionally unhappy about his last relationship. See, Eternal Flames and Nothing compares to you followed by I will survive? That says a lot, no? I dont wanna know if I'm his colleagues and how it would be like. I know every morning (or evening), I am being tortured with sappy music of a heartbroken man. 

PS: I am sorry if you happened to like some of the songs above and I have inadvertently categorised you as above (bullet list part two). But, that is ... ;)

1 comment:

Medie007 said...

mall?
u're in retail?
never knew tat. lol :D