Thursday, February 28, 2008

Imagine

John Lennon.

John Lennon.

Who would've thought (or imagined) or had the guts to sing the legendary John Lennon's smash hit, Imagine on National television on American Idol without butchering it.

Not David Archuleta, of cos, because last night's show clearly and rather, instantaneously, made him the top 3 favorites for this season's show. What is even more befitting is his down-to-earth, slightly bashful and sorta naive (he's 17 after all) personality. It was THE key to getting thousands of votes. Smart strategy but I believe rather adamantly that this boy doesn't have a strategy. He simply is born to sing, sing, sing and perform.

I reckon he wowed millions of Americans and all the rest of the world with his heartful rendition of that song and when Randy asked him why did you started off singing the 3rd verse, his reply was, "the third verse was my favorite, it has a great message..."

Paula was right. He is so cute you want to take his head and squeeeeeze him so bad. Now I only wish that he has got more confidence and stop the bashful, cutesy smile and just chill :p




Imagine no possesions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
In a brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say i'm a dreamer
But i'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be as one



Beautiful song... I didnt think Madonna sang as well as he does. Pffft what am I saying!

1 comment:

savante said...

He was wonderful. Damn. If only he wasn't jailbait.