Wednesday, October 31, 2007

O Brother

Two days ago, I had a day off (a well deserved one) and Ad asked me what have I planned to do. I was caught off guard. Plans? Can I not plan my off day? I just want to do whatever I want to do. It's my "Me-Day". I just told him what I had mentally thought of doing anyhows. It's called Communication 101 :)

So I followed my mental plans and went to do my hair ... man, aside from full body lotion massage, scalp massage is a must in every working adult lives. Seriously. I read somewhere that it lets blood flow in the brain. Err...

I also went to do some shopping checking out stores and display. I was also thinking of catching a movie so, I got a movie ticket for "Brothers" with much trepidation. As it turned out, I was blown away by how good the quality of the show - the top notch acting, the movie direction, cinematography, editing. I particularly enjoyed Miu Kiu Wai's acting. They said some men will shine more than when they were in their 20s and trust me, he sure did ... think Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp, Andy Lau, Tony Leung, Clive Owen. Mmmmm........

The storyline was a tad bit predictable but I enjoyed it and I could definitely relate to it. Being the youngest in a big family, I know how it is like when a brother would go through all the trouble to protect the youngest brother. I remember once I did something really bad, like, talking back to your mother - that's a HUGE no-no in a Chinese family; back in those days lah. Kids are so spoilt these days if you talk back, the parents will praise you because you actually TALK BACK - mom came back with a rotan and starting rotan-ing me. Fortunately, I had a twin brother and they both came to my rescue. Literally. And, more than just once. Cool, huh? :P

I miss those days and I sure did miss my family sometimes. So at the very last scene (which was the beginning scene of the movie - spoiler, ha!) .......

Go see it. It moved me.





damn! I miss taking pictures, man. And, there are so many new cameras recently.

1 comment:

savante said...

Wah, brothers so good kah. Must go catch the movie this weekend then.