Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Michael Gondry

My new hero. I love his work.

Ads that he had directed...

LEVI'S

Circa 2006. Still, it is brilliant work. I think it won an award, too.

HP

I am not sure if he directed this ad, but I'm loving every bit of it. Seriously good.

LEVI'S

Another Levi's ad

SMIRNOFF

So cool.

MTVs

CHEMICAL BROTHER'S STAR GUITAR


BJORK'S DECLARE INDEPENDENCE

When I first saw this, I was so glued to the tv screen eventhough I hate Bjork and she screaming like a mad cow. That aside, the music and the mtv works very well together. Awesome.

In movies, he did 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind' and it was his most famous movie to date simply because of the star power in the movie ie Jim Carrey and Kate Winslet. This indie flick caught the attention of many critics and in fact won many awards incl. the Academy.

In 2006, there was 'The Science of Sleep' starring Gael Garcia which I have been mindlessly lookin' for the DVD (has anyone seen it?) but to no avail. He's recently done 'Be Kind Rewind' with Mos Def and Jack Black. Ok, I'm a fan of Gondry but Jack Black. Err...

2 comments:

the ugly submarine said...

I actually have the dvd. But i brought it from shanghai. I couldn't find it here either. Maybe, if you want to borrow it, i could like mail it to you?

Anonymous said...

u would?

that's sweet! ok tell u what. lemme really search for it first & if i still cant find it, i will contact u

again, thanks :)